Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Community Lunch

As a brand new PC student I am discovering all kinds of new and exciting things about the college – one is Community Lunch. Community Lunch happens every Wednesday at the Crossroads Center from 12:30 to 1:30. It's a great time to make any kind of announcement you might have involving the College community or the greater Prescott community. The best part is it's free and delicious. All the food is made by the Crossroads Cafe here on campus, which never ceases to impress. On top of being super tummy satisfying Community Lunch is a great time to meet up with professors and faculty about questions you may have, or just to sit and chat. I invite anyone who might be interested in knowing what the school's all about to stop by and experience a true sense of community, and the exciting energy that circulates through this campus so fluidly, an energy I like to call the Prescott Buzz. One of the Wednesday's I was at community lunch, I ran into one of my friends from orientation. It had been two weeks since orientation had ended and I hadn't seen him at all. We talked for quite some time about classes and life at Prescott post-orientation. He told me that he had been going to a new place every day to experience all the different beautiful natural wonders Prescott has to offer. It's encounters and inspiring stories like my friend’s that make community lunch such a wonderful Prescott activity and tradition.


-Colton Coburn-Wood
Freshman

No comments: