Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2011

Community Orientation

For my Orientation I attended the Community-based Orientation this is offered to incoming students who are unable to be in the back-country for long periods of time. My reason was a Staff Training I couldn’t miss for a position at Camp Willow Springs, doing High Ropes, up on the Butte. Community-Based Orientation embraces the same mission and philosophy as the other orientation options but is a little different kind of way. Through community service projects, field trips, and interactions with community members I became just as oriented to the school, each other and the Southwest as my peers on orientation. It was an amazing experience and created lifelong memories and friendships! All orientations here at Prescott College create memories and friendships that truly do last a life time.

-Joshua Keultjes, 2011

No comments: